Educational Wine Travel
The first travel agency in Greece specializing in Food & Wine Tours
With more than 15 years of experience in student travel to Greece and Italy, we decided that the time was ripe to operate a travel agency dedicated to wine travel in Greece. We arrange custom trips for students studying enology and viticulture in universities across the globe, who wish to learn more about our wine heritage.
We are confident that we will assist you in creating a tailor made study program to reflect your course objectives within your chosen time frame and available funds. Meanwhile, it will be a rewarding, a life-changing experience for the students, seeing and tasting the Greek Wine history unfolding before them.
Our Services Includes:
• Designing a comprehensive tour plan, day-by-day, including all costs per participant
• Arranging hotel accommodation in comfortable 3 & 4 star hotels in cities and family run hotels hotels in the countryside, with daily breakfast
• Meals as per group’s specifications and needs
• Arranging lectures, meetings and guest speakers to complement the winery visits
• Local tour escort, English speaker and knowledgeable to assist you in the daily logistics of the tour
• Transportation with private, modern buses with a/c and all comforts
• Supporting the tour leaders on a 24 hour basis in a friendly and professional manner, by our office team
Some ideas and places to get you started:
• Attica region has some of the oldest vines and vineyards, some dating over 70 years old – already in its 3rd generation winemakers
• Santorini, featuring volcanic soils and dry winds, makes the best Assyrtiko
• Nemea, with its story starting with mighty Hercules and the Lion of Nemea: features brave reds that are fruity, medium to full bodied and mighty roses, splendid!
• The Cycladic islands, each one with its array of wonderful indigenous varieties that match perfectly their cheeses and local modest delicacies.
• Crete: a self contained, proud island, blessed by the Olympian Gods! Its wines, ‘tsikoudia’ the local elixir (very strong!), incredibly tasty and wholesome food and produce. It supplies all of north Europe of fresh fruit and veg, but keeps the best for the Cretans
• Lectures from university professors on enology, vitivulture and nutrition. Stories from local growers and wise fishermen
• Mouthwatering food and cooking demos or even hands on cooking, along great chefs and home cooks!
• Fruit & Veg picking from local farms and groves. Upon request, we can arrange wine harvest participation as well
• Modern wine bars for wine tastings with award winning and distinguished wine-makers or informal, impromptu countryside tastings
• Teaching outdoors, in the countryside away from the classroom, is exactly as you imagine it to be: Magnificent!