Unwind in the beautiful scenery, meet authentic people and become fascinated with mythology, history and local stories that span in the millennia.
A journey through traditions and true hospitality.
A journey through traditions and true hospitality.
In Crete, you will fall in love with delicious local food, share shots of ‘tsikoudia’ with locals and discover Cretan wines. In Santorini, you will be overwhelmed by its dramatic volcanic scenery, white washed houses and you will taste internationally acclaimed wines. Local grape varieties we will taste on this trip include: Vidiano, Liatiko, Dafni (Crete) and Assyrtiko, Mavrotragano, Vinsanto (Santorini).
Day 1. Chania
Arrive at Chania International Airport on a morning flight from Athens. Meet representative and transfer by private bus to our hotel near the port. Meet fellow travelers. After a welcome drink, we will start a walking tour with our local guide in the old part of the town and unfold the layers of its rich history. Welcome dinner in traditional fish restaurant with local specialties. Overnight with breakfast at hotel near the old port or similar in the old town.
Day 2. Chania
Early morning departure with private bus towards the Olive groves in the west side of Chania, near Kolimbari, where some of the best olive oils are produced. Lunch and olive oil tasting. ‘Tsikoudia’ story and tasting. Afternoon free. Overnight with breakfast at hotel near the old port or similar in the old town.
Day 3. Chania-Rethymno
Early morning departure with private bus towards Rethymnon. Stop at traditional village Gavalochori for cooking demonstration and lunch. Arrive in Rethymno late afternoon. Swimming opportunity in the clear blue waters. Overnight with breakfast at a hotel in the old part of the town.
Day 4. Rethymno -Heraklion
Visit traditional phyllo work shop and local bakery to see how the famous Cretan rusks are made. Depart for lunch in traditional village. Continue to Heraklion for group dinner and overnight.
Day 5. Heraklion
Early morning departure on foot with our local guide to visit the Heraklion Archaeological museum and marvel at the Minoan treasures. Continue with private bus to visit 2 wineries and have lunch. Return to Heraklion for overnight.
Day 6. Heraklion
Day dedicated to wineries as the plain of Heraklion is the wine country of Crete. We will visit 3 wineries and enjoy a delightful lunch. Return early afternoon to Heraklion for some free time. Overnight with breakfast at Heraklion.
Day 7. Heraklion -Santorini
Early morning departure with fast ferry to the island of Santorini. Arrive by mid day, settle in our hotel and have lunch. Visit 2 wineries and enjoy the sunset with magnificent views from the caldera, while enjoying your wine. Overnight with breakfast at beachfront hotel in Santorini.
Day 8. Santorini
Day for exploring the notable wineries of the island. We will visit 3-4 wineries and have lunch overlooking the vineyards. Free afternoon on our last day in Santorini. Group farewell dinner. Overnight with breakfast at beachfront hotel in Santorini.
Day 9. Santorini
Enjoy your breakfast and check out from hotel at midday. The tour ends here.
Some of the participants might want to extend their stay in the island of Santorini or some might want to return to Athens. Please indicate if you wish to return or stay on the island, making your own arrangements.
7 reasons to join the Crete -Santorini tour
- Experience: Cook your lunch outdoors
- Learn: The hisotry of a great island, the southern most border of Europe
- Get involved: Gather ‘chorta’, herbs, fruit, vegetables
- Indulge: Swim in clear blue waters
- Treat yourself: Have a ‘bougatsa’ with a Greek coffee at a traditional ‘kafeneio’
- Let go: Sit at the edge of the caldera in Santorini and take in the wild beauty of the volcanic rim
- Give in: Dance with the locals even if the steps don’t make sense!
Your Greek wine
for more info
DATES THE CRETE-SANTORINI TOUR
WILL OPERATE IN 2020:
1. May 26-June 3, 2020
2. October 1-9, 2020
RATE PER PERSON
2,850* Euros per person sharing a double/twin room
Single Supplement: 420 Euros
* payment and cancellation terms apply
– Eight (8) overnights in Crete and Santorini in 3 and 4 star hotels sharing a twin room
– Daily breakfast
– Bus transportation with modern, air conditioned bus with professional driver incl. all his expenses
– Certified local English speaking guide with wine knowledge incl. all expenses
– Nine (9) group meals
– Transfers from airport, to/from port with private bus
– Ticket for High speed ferry Heraklion-Santorini
– All winery tastings
– Local taxes
– Airfare to Crete and from Santorini
– Hotel taxes
– All meals/services not mentioned
– Extra travelers insurance
– Gratuities to driver and guide (optional- suggested 3-4e per person per day for each)
– All personal expenses and shopping
I am delighted to share a more detailed daily program with rates, payment schedule and cancellation policy to help you choose the right trip for you.
Please select one of the following date that suits your calendar & complete the contact info: