Greek Wine Tasting
Discover what Greek wines are all about, and native varieties that make headlines in just 2 hours!
While enjoying your city break or the end of your holidays in Athens, soaking up the history of ancient Greece, why not join an afternoon tasting to learn about the Greek Wine history that goes back some 3,000 years? Have a chance to taste some award winning wines, from local grape varieties under the informative guidance of a Greek wine expert?
We gather groups of 6-10 wine adventurists in a pleasant, centrally located wine bar and taste a flight of 5 whites and 5 reds from all wine regions of Greece. We wrap up with some wonderful dessert wines.
Join us in this discovery journey and become fascinated with the history and the taste of Greek wines. Who knows, you might end up returning to Greece for a wine vacation!
RATE PER PERSON
110 Euros per person
for groups of 5 participants
100 Euros per person
for groups of 10 participants
– 2 hours tasting experience in centrally located wine bar or similar
– Wine tasting of 12 wines (5 whites, 5 reds, 2 dessert) from all wine regions of Greece
– Cheese and bread platter
– Knowlegeable wine host (WSET Level 3 and up) to guide you through the wines
– All taxes
– Hotel pick up or/and drop off (taxi service is available, upon request)
– Gratuities (optional)
– Any personal expenses or purchase of wine from the cellar
«….I fell in love with Greek whites long before being won over by the reds, but now that Greek winemakers have mastered oak, and seem to be revelling in Greece’s naturally modest alcohol levels rather than worrying they were too low, I am enjoying more and more Greek reds too…»
-Jancis robinson, MW, GREECE IS THE WORD, 17 JUN 2017